Would you like to volunteer at BunkFest in 2024? (registrations open in January 2024)
We couldn’t run BunkFest without the help of people like you. Volunteers are at the heart of our fantastic festival, and we need hundreds to make it a big success.
We are once again on the lookout for volunteers to help us in running the festival. From bucket collecting, litter picking, stewarding, parking cars to pulling pints in the bar. If you can spare anything from a couple of hours or more either before, during or after the festival, then please follow the link where you can register your interest.
We are also on the lookout for people to help run the bar and a number of beer technicians to help manage the setting up and availability of the beer. Full training will be given, but if you fancy taking on a bit more responsibility and have previous bar experience, then you could be just what we are looking for!
Every job is vital and we need you!
You will see below more information on the seven main areas that we need volunteers for:
- Bucket Collecting: Taking a collection bucket around the festival (you will be asked to cover certain areas). Donations from bucket collections are essential to stage the festival and keep the festival free.
- Bar Staff: You will be serving drinks to the public, taking payment for alcohol and need to be over 18 years of age.
- Bar Manager: You will be supervising the bar staff, answering queries, dealing with public enquiries and ensuring that the bar is running smoothly. You will need to be over 18 years of age and ideally have some bar management experience.
- Beer Technician: You will be responsible for the tapping of the beer and general support to the staff who are serving the public. Full training will be given (including a brewery tour!)
- Glass and Wine Sellors: we will be selling the beer and wine glasses separately to the bar. We need a number of people to man the stall. You must be over 16 years of age and quieter
- Stewarding: The eyes and ears of the festival. A role that covers everything, from providing information, to finding lost children, escorting vehicles and crowd control
- BunkFest Waster: One of the most important jobs at the festival, keeping the site clean and ensuring the bins are empty
- Litter Picking: Supporting the waster’s with litter picking and rubbish control
- Car Park: You will be working as a team to help park cars on Saturday and Sunday morning